The Lord’s Day
Elder O. B. Mink
Now In Glory
“... The first day of the week ... the disciples were assembled ...” John 20:19
“Upon the first day of the week when the disciples came together ...” Acts 20:7
“Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him ...” I Corinthians 16:2
1. All who devote it to sporting events and physical exercise reveal that they are primarily concerned with being amused animals with good physical health.
2. All who devote it to fishing and/or hunting, show the priority they have given to personal pleasure over the honor of God.
3. All who give it to visiting relatives and friends reveal that they are satisfied with the associations of this vain earth.
4. All who consistently give it to secular labor, deny that “Godliness with contentment is great gain” (I Timothy 6:6).
5. All who give it to sleep and leisure, manifest that they care nothing for the Master’s business.
6. All who give it to worshipping God in His appointed way, reveal they are children of God, and love the presence of their heavenly Father; Who has promised to meet with them and Who has graciously given them every day of their lives (Ecclesiastes 3:2; Matthew 18:20).
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is ...” Hebrews 10:25
(The Baptist Herald - February, 1992)
Return To O. B. Mink Page
Return To PBC Home